Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mettenberger's 10:1 TD:INT ratio WON'T LAST

...At least, not for the whole season.

To be sure, Teen Wolf has looked better this year than last. Other than not being the fleetest afoot, he has all the measurables you look for in a QB. LSU has done a good job of getting the ball out of his hands early, and continuing to be a power run-first offense, while taking shots down field as soon as the defense steps up to stop the run.

Having said that, I will go on record as saying that Zach Mettenberger will not finish the season with 20 TDs and 2 Int's, or 30 TDs and 3 Int's...you get the idea. I don't believe he's improved that much that quickly since last year, and I don't believe he's flat-out capable of that, period.

So, my question for you, dear readers, is whether or not the severe dent in his overall passing statistics will begin in Athens this Saturday, or will it solely be reserved for games against Bama and Florida? Not for nothing, but racking up positive stats against the defenses they've gone up against thus far only tell me he's not bad. They don't tell me he's especially good (and that's not to say he isn't, it's just that I can't glean much from what I've seen so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment